A new school year brings new art challenges! Mark Making Adventures

Mark Making!

This is the first in a series of "mark making" to practice control of whatever you are making a mark with on your paper.
I started with a random purple pen that I found laying around my office. I should have used a pencil but this shows you can use anything. 
This pattern will turn into the base of another project that I am doing this year.

I started by making random lines on a 5.5 x 8.5 piece of paper. I am trying to work smaller this year.
I added circles in all of the spaces. You DO NOT have to be perfect in circle size or placement. 





I started filling in all of the spaces between the circles and this also gives you a chance to reshape some of the struggling circle shapes.






This took time and patience. It is not complete but I am taking a break before adding more detail. Try your own bubble design!